Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Going to an Event: Make the most of it

Originally published by Cordell Parvin.

A lawyer I am coaching sent me an email about an event she would be attending.

I’ve some exciting news. I’m planning to attend the XXX Asssociation Annual Meeting in a couple of weeks. A current client of the firm is also attending the event and has offered to introduce me around to her contacts. As you know, I’m trying to grow my book of business servicing YYY companies.

I wanted to reach out to you to get some advice on how I should be prepare for the upcoming event and to make the best use of this opportunity. This is the first conference of this type that I will be attending. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2013-12-11 07.03.01

It is always great to have a client going to the event and introducing you to her contacts. But, sometimes you are on your own.

I recommended the lawyer read three short pieces I believe are helpful.

The first is from Bob Burg.  It is his 10 Feel Good Questions.

The second is 15 Tips from Keith Ferrazzi:Conference Commando

The third is a Forbes piece about following up after the event: How To Master The Art Of Networking Follow-Up.

I believe all three have ideas worth considering to prepare for an event.

The post Going to an Event: Make the most of it appeared first on Cordell Parvin Blog.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1SbwD8D
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment