Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Say What?! – The Hoover Maneuver

Originally published by .


From Dan Cutrer of Dallas, this excerpt from the trial testimony of a “Most sincere witness [who] had been hired as a 24-hour ‘nurse’ to a gentleman with various medical problems.”


Q. But you have no training?


A. I have no certificate to prove it.


Q. I’m sorry?


A. I have not – I guess they give certificates. I don’t know how to do that, but I’ve saved lives.


Q. How did you save lives?


A. I’ve saved my children’s life before.


Q. How was that?


A. One time, when one of my boys was choked on ice, I was behind him and give him – I guess it’s called the Hoover, up under the rib cage to cough it up.


Dan adds: “The record doesn’t reflect the lengthy pause during which the lawyers bit their tongues, covered their faces, and tried their best not to laugh out loud.”


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1z0C6mI

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment