Thursday, August 21, 2014

Say What?! – Did I Really Hear That?

Originally published by .


From Robinson C. Ramsey of Wharton, this excerpt from a deposition in a divorce case; Rob is questioning the husband about a family estate trust that wenty awry.”


Q. When did you find out it was not the right thing to do?


A. When I wound up in jail.


Q. When was that?


A. I don’t really remember when that was, I don’t remember.


Q. Do you remember approximately how long it was from the time you initially set up the trusts?


A. I don’t know if that was a couple of years after that, or I really don’t remember when that was.


Q. What were the circumstances that led to your winding up in jail?


A. It was – we were trying to, for lack of better words, hide income. In other words – and in doing that, we got audited … It started when we got audited, and then the IRS agent that came to the house.


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1mpSabT

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment