Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Say What?! – East Texas Slang

Originally published by .


From Raymond W. Cozby, III of Tyler (Cowles & Thompson), this closing argument made by his brother, Andrew J. Cozby, the prosecutor in a criminal trial in Houston:


Mr. Cozby: Members of the jury, I appreciate your patience during this trial. I’m going to be talking quick because my time is limited. If you can follow this East Texas slang I appreciate it because I’m going to be going over some important points.


Number One: What we call in East Texas — if you’ve ever seen a dog chasing a rabbit, sometimes they will get off on some rabbit’s trail. That’s a false trail that leads off in a circle. And a dog will get off on a false trail from where the rabbit really is.


Defense Attorney: Your Honor, I object to being called a dog.


Mr. Cozby: Your Honor, I except to that, I was calling him a rabbit.


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1viDbsv

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment