Friday, October 16, 2020

Who is Recommending You?

Originally published by Cordell Parvin.

When I practiced law, almost every new client that considered hiring me came as a result of a recommendation. Your potential new clients will consider you when someone recommends you. I believe in 2020 it may be even more important than it was when I practiced law.

Here are three questions to consider:

  1. Do you know who is out there recommending you?
  2. Do you know why they are recommending you?
  3. Are you doing anything to thank them for recommending you?

I knew who recommended me. Many times I simply asked the new client who called me.

While it is important, people will not likely recommend you just because they think you are a good or nice person. Almost always a person will recommend you because he or she thinks you are a “go to” lawyer who understands the potential new client’s problem and business and thinks you will be a “good fit” for the client.

After you find out who recommended you, send a handwritten thank you note. More importantly, the best way to say thank you is to make your referral source look good by doing an extraordinary job to help your new client.

The post Who is Recommending You? appeared first on Cordell Parvin Blog.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today https://ift.tt/2IDY0NZ
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment