Monday, February 3, 2020

Stories of Recovery: Solving the problem of me

Originally published by Guest Blogger.

I first started using drugs when I was 12. I always felt like I was different from other people and I couldn’t understand why.

I was frustrated and sad, lonely, depressed, and felt empty inside. I smoked that first joint because I desperately wanted to fit in. When I was high, I felt like I fit in or, better still, I just didn’t care. I was a smorgasbord addict, using any drug that was available. When I used, I didn’t feel so apart from other people and I didn’t feel quite so frustrated and sad. Drugs were my solution. But the problem, which was me, never went away.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today https://ift.tt/394fqLz
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment