Tuesday, April 24, 2018

25 Words or Less

Originally published by Cordell Parvin.

Imagine for the moment that I am helping you find the right firm. I want you to go through this exercise:

Describe what makes you different or unique in 25 words or less

I picked this exercise because what makes you unique is a common interview question. If I was interviewing a partner who had a $1 million book of business, I might ask:

Why do your clients hire you?

Where did I get the idea? Years ago I am read a great book on communication titled: “10 Simple Secrets of the World’s Greatest Business Communicators.

Author Carmine Gallo has captured secrets that every lawyer should consider. You should also check out his other books on communication.

Simple secret 6 is brevity. Gallo references “What Clients Love” where Harry Beckworth writes:

If you cannot describe what makes you different and excellent in twenty-five words or less, don’t fix your copy. Fix your company.

By the way, if you are interested in learning more about how clients select lawyers, you might find David Maister’s article: How Clients Choose, valuable.

The post 25 Words or Less appeared first on Cordell Parvin Blog.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today https://ift.tt/2Hr5HkW
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment