Monday, April 16, 2018

Stories of Recovery: Becoming an Alcoholic

Originally published by Guest Blogger.

 

 

 

Sometimes I am insecure explaining how I became an alcoholic. I felt like I should have had all these reasons to drink heavily, for so long. It reminds me of when Steve Buscemi in“Con Air” refers to how a person ends up a convicted felon: “Name your cliché. Mother held him too much, or not enough. Last picked at kickball, late-night sneaky uncle. Whatever.”

Well, I think back to this quote because I used to wonder when I got sober what was so wrong with me or my childhood. What led me to this place that I considered to be my personal hell? 

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today https://ift.tt/2vk9mzB
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment