Tuesday, November 28, 2017

What Would Your Clients Say About You?

Originally published by Cordell Parvin.

I want you to use your imagination for a moment. Picture a group of your clients meeting and discussing you. What are the 3-5 things you believe they would say about you?

Take a moment and write those things down. Now, think about what you would want them to say about you. Is there a difference?

Many years ago I went through this same exercise. I do not specifically remember what I listed that my clients would say about me, but I do remember what I would have liked them to say about me. I wanted my clients to say I was:

  1. The leading transportation construction lawyer in the country;
  2. A lawyer who understood their business;
  3. A  lawyer who always put his clients’ interest ahead of his own;
  4. A lawyer who could be trusted to always fulfill the commitments he made; and
  5. A  lawyer who searched for innovative ways to help me achieve my business objectives.

Why did I do this exercise and why should you?

I did it because it changed how I was working with my clients. It helped me focus on what was important to them and caused me to search for ways to become the lawyer I wanted to be.

Let me know what you want your clients to say about you.
 

The post What Would Your Clients Say About You? appeared first on Cordell Parvin Blog.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/2iZujXX
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment