Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Stories of Recovery: No More Drinking Games

Originally published by Guest Blogger.

I am a lawyer celebrating my first year as a solo. I am a horse trainer, a wife, a sister, and a Pinterest queen. I am also an alcoholic.

I didn’t drink until I was almost 21. Alcohol didn’t interest me. I was busy with school and my horses. None of my friends drank much, and I didn’t understand the appeal. My last year of college, I started working a service industry job and drank socially with my co-workers. Weekly. Twice a week. After a tough shift. After every other shift. Before shifts. At home. On my way home. Within months, I went from a non-drinker to a daily drinker. I genuinely believed I didn’t have a problem. 

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/2z41F29
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment