Originally published by Jillian Beck.
The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program recognized the work of legal professionals who dedicated nearly 36,000 hours of free legal service over the past year.
The program—a joint initiative of the Dallas Bar Association and Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas—hosted its 34th Annual Pro Bono Awards Reception Tuesday, where judges, attorneys, law firms, court reporters, and legal staff were honored for their commitment to pro bono.
The honorees were:
- Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year—Norton Rose Fulbright (2,000 pro bono hours)
- Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year—Samuel Peca of Weil, Gotshal & Manges (360 pro bono hours)
- Hartman Judicial Pro Bono Service Award—Hon. Tena Callahan of the 302nd Judicial District Court
- Pro Bono Appreciation Award—Jerry C. Alexander of Passman & Jones
- Lois Bacon Special Services Award—Raechel Parolisi, Attorney at Law
- Pro Bono Coordinator of the Year—Kathleen Tarbox Munoz of Andrews Kurth Kenyon
- Pro Bono Court Reporter of the Year—Tenesa Shaw of the 192nd Civil District Court
- Gold Award for Pro Bono Service—Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, Andrews Kurth Kenyon, Baker Botts, and Haynes and Boone
- Silver Award for Pro Bono Service—Cozen O’Connor, Hunton & Williams, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Fled, and Thompson & Knight
- Bronze Award for Pro Bono Service—Bracewell, Sidley Austin, Jones Day, and Locke Lord
- Outstanding Clinic Attorney Volunteer, West Dallas—William Milne, Attorney at Law
- Outstanding Clinic Attorney Volunteer, Garland—Casey Meyers of Manning & Meyers
- Outstanding Clinic Attorney Volunteer, South Dallas—Jack Manning of Manning & Meyers
- Outstanding Clinic Attorney Volunteer, East Dallas—David Weiner of Rosenthal Weiner
- Outstanding Veterans Clinic Volunteer—Jonathan Rosamond of Baker & McKenzie
- Outstanding Solo Practitioner—Margaret Spellings of the Law Office of Margaret B. Spellings
- Outstanding Small Firm Lawyer of the Year—Tanner Hartnett of the Hartnett Law Firm
- Outstanding Court Personnel—Twyla Weatherford of the 302nd Judicial District Court
- Outstanding Support Volunteer—Gordon Hunter
- Outstanding Corporate Attorney—Ashlie Alaman Stamper of Luminant Energy
- Outstanding Clinic Sponsor—Southwest Airlines
Photography courtesy of the Dallas Bar Association.
from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/2eMJWzc
via Abogado Aly Website