Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stories of Recovery: Reaching out is a two-way street

Originally published by Guest Blogger.

Many of us who practice law while impaired by depression don’t know we are depressed. Having the blues is often the rule rather than the exception for lawyers, so we don’t know that we could or should feel any different.

While I practiced in a depressed state, I expected the worst from my clients, prosecutors, and judges. I withdrew from the society of my friends and colleagues. The things that had brought me pleasure no longer did so. There were times I couldn’t focus on the task at hand. It was often difficult to meet deadlines.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1TUBCe2
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment