Monday, November 3, 2014

Say What?! – December 1998

Originally published by .



From D. Michael Wallach of Fort Worth (Wallace & Moore), the excerpt from the deposition of one of the defendant’s experts, a cardiologist, in a medical malpractice case involving the death of a woman after surgery.


Q. Are you saying it is imposable for there to be a heart attack that has no evident tissue damage afterwards?


A. The tissue change does not occur for six to 12 hours. So if you give me less than 12 hours the – I mean, as long as you’re saying- is it more than 12 hours before the person died?


Q. Well, I’m just- I’m asking you a question now. I have a friend who had a heart attack, and his doctor told him two months later that there is absolutely zero damage to his heart.


A. But he didn’t have an autopsy.


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1xUkGbO

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment