Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Are You Getting Hired Because You and/or Your Law Firm Are the Best?

Originally published by Cordell Parvin.

When I was young, we couldn’t afford the best. So frequently I bought something that wasn’t the best.

When I was in the US Air Force trying government contract cases, we received $25 a day for a hotel and meals in Washington, D.C. Even back then, we could not stay in a hotel for $25, much less have money for meals. So, we stayed in a no-tell motel on Jefferson Davis Highway in Alexandria. I vowed then to never stay in that kind of hotel again.

Ok, here is a list of some things and services I buy because I think they are the best:

  1. Caffè Latte from Starbucks (I recently had a latte from another coffee company and did not recognize the taste)
  2. Mac computers and iAnything from Apple
  3. Hotel stays at Ritz Carlton, with special emphasis on the Club Level
  4.  Martha’s Vineyard Cabernet from Heitz Cellar winery. (The first fine wine I ever drank was from Heitz Cellar. We bought a bottle to celebrate our 50th anniversary last year.
  5. Central Market Nancy and I shop at Central Market because we think they have by far the best produce in Dallas-Fort Worth.

I could go on with more favorites, but I think you get the idea.

Seth Godin posted a really interesting blog a few years ago. The title was It’s Just Better Ketchup. He said that in a discussion of why Heinz Ketchup has such a large market share in Pittsburgh, one commentator said: “It’s just better ketchup… When you go to a restaurant and they have a different kind, it feels you are eating at some cheap cafeteria.”

I  found the quote interesting because I feel the same way when I go to a restaurant that does not have Heinz Ketchup. I urge you to read the blog post. You will see that Seth Godin says our attachment to a product, and I would add a lawyer or law firm, is not necessarily because the product is the really the best.

Why am I attached to the products and services listed above? It is because I trust the quality of what I am getting and I value the relationship. So, whether or not the provider is actually “the best,” they are the best for me.

“She is just a better lawyer or that firm is just a better law firm?”

Do your clients have a good reason to say that about you or your law firm? They will if they believe you are the “go to” lawyer in your field and they trust the quality of your service and value the relationship with you.

The post Are You Getting Hired Because You and/or Your Law Firm Are the Best? appeared first on Cordell Parvin Blog.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today https://ift.tt/3cAIZrw
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment