Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Secret to Quicker Posts

Originally published by Michael C. Smith.

Qz5P8unD-xnibvAk0QVMg-XdGIBs7gmmQ789kf5GYb0,1LgOflyOshh8jAJpSdDlr5t7ftjkMksr_aSCsGgoCRsNo, the ED Tex hasn’t been quiet lately – my computer has just been on its last legs.  I could cut my dictation in stone quicker than I can dictate it at present. I was considering going back to haiku posts for the weblog just because it takes forever to draft and edit a post, and that is, after all, not my day job.

No more. My 16 year old Grayson, whose extensive technical skills regrettably don’t extend to use of a hairbrush, decided he needed to build me a new office machine after building his new Gaming Beast last month (I don’t know how fast it is, but the lights are cool, and the CPU is liquid cooled.  It looks like the Genesis device from Star Trek II).  So thanks to his magic with SSDs, RAM, the processors of the Elder Gods  and other electronic things he charmingly thinks his old dad doesn’t know anything about, effective today I am looking at three seconds to boot up, and even when I throw dictation, Word, Evernote and Chrome at it at the same time – just three more seconds to start all four.  Everything is instantaneous – and he knew not to put in the gaming-specific features, so the computer itself still cost less than the new widescreen monitor I decided to try out.

Plus the lights are cool.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1MxERWo
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment