Thursday, March 12, 2015

Say What?! – Read My Lips

Originally published by State Bar of Texas.


From Cindy Madole of Dallas (Cindy, an attorney with International Paper, was formerly with Shank, Irwin & Concert in Dallas), this excerpt from a deposition taken years ago “in a rather heated securities fraud lawsuit” – by Bill Chaney (who was then with the Shank, Irwin firm, but who is now with Whittenburg, Whittenburg & Shaster).


Q. Do you know how much money?


A. No, not specifically.


Q. You recall testifying as to a seven or $800,000 figure concerning Roseneath yesterday?


A. Whatever the record said.


Q. You recall discussing a seven or $800,000 contribution to GRI by Roseneath?


A. And I said whatever the record said.


Q. You don’t recall that right now?


A. I said whatever the record said.


Q. That’s not responsive. Do you recall?


A. Read my lips.


Q. Read mine. Do you recall?


A. Look at me again, read them real careful.


Q. And read my lips carefully


Mr. Butler (wisely): All right. Gentlemen, I guess that’s about enough of this.


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1BvrKAb

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment