Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Say What?! – Were You in the Military Service?

Originally published by .


This excerpt from an actual deposition originally appeared in the book “I Solemnly Swear” by Houston court reporter Jerry von Sternberg (Carlton Press, 1978).


Q. Have you ever been in the service?


A. Yes, sir. I went in in ’40 and came out in less than 90 days. I was too old for what they wanted, they said.


Q. Were you given some sort of a medical discharge?


A. No. I was given an unconditional release. I didn’t have enough teeth, they said.


Q. I see. You were just getting too old, huh?


A. I told them I was there to fight them, not to bite them.


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1uXrQtX

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment