Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Say What?! – Voir Dire is Like a Box of Chocolates: You Never Know What You’re Going to Get

Originally published by .


From Crawford Long of Waco (Crawford is the first assistant district attorney of the Criminal District Attorney’s Office of McLennan County), this excerpt from voir dire in a murder trial in the 54th District Court in Waco. The title to this contribution was also submitted by Crawford, who explains that the “prosecutor, who will remain nameless, is said to have a distinctive southern drawl.”

Juror: May I ask you a question?


Prosecutor: Sure you may.


Juror: Is Forrest Gump your brother? You know you talk like him, don’t you?


Prosecutor: You know I am never going to live this down. All I can say if I am, as far as Forrest Gump Shrimp Company, I hope he leaves it in his will to me.


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1AhLfMm

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment