Saturday, February 19, 2022

Come Monday: It’ll Be All Right

With title credit to Jimmy Buffett.

To my great shock, some of you read “Maybe My Last Post After My Last Post” and asked that I write more. To those of you who really wanted more, I say I’ve said about everything I can about life, career development and client development, but I did have one more experience worth sharing.

Like the Maybe My Last Post After My Last Post, for those of you who are busy I’ll get right to the takeaway, then for those of you with more time I will share some reflections on writing for you.

Doctors did another biopsy on my neck and found more cancer. I received a call saying the surgeon had moved up the surgery for a week to this Monday, February 21st. I knew it wasn’t because someone had cancelled, so I got very little sleep thereafter.

The Surgeon’s nurse had us visit early Thursday morning. She was awesome. She went over in tremendous detail what would happen on Monday and what would happen thereafter. She even had drawings showing where my face and neck will be cut. Keep in mind, this was not her first rodeo. It may not be her only surgery on Monday and certainly not her only surgery next week.

I was able to enjoy an early celebration of my 75th birthday.

We went away feeling we were in good hands. Takeaway:

While your clients want to feel you have the right experience to handle their matter, never say words to the effect that you’ve handled one just like it because to your client, nothing you have handled before is just like their matter or as important.

Okay, well beyond the point for those who have time. I am a Harry Chapin fan. If search you will find I have written about him before. For those wondering who he is, do you know “Cats in the Cradle?” He was known for having given most of his concert money away to help with world hunger. He died in a car accident on his way to sing in a concert.

Harry Chapin wrote songs that were stories. He ended his concerts with two songs sung together. The first: “You Are The Only Song.” The finale: “Circle.” Read on and then watch the video if you have time.

 

In “You Are the Only Song” he wrote:

I’ve sung it all tonight
Almost every story that I know
And now when they turn out the spotlights
I’m not sure where I’m s’posed to go
And I’m so hoarse I can’t hit the high notes
It’s just a whisper when I’m low
But when you sing from the inside
You hope that something shows

I have written all that I have in my head. To use his words: “Every story that I know.”

In the finale “Circle” he wrote:

It seems like I’ve been here before;
I can’t remember when;
But I have this funny feeling;
That we’ll all be together again.
No straight lines make up my life;
And all my roads have bends;
There’s no clear-cut beginnings;
And so far no dead-ends.

I have this funny feeling that we’ll all be together again. Come Monday It’ll Be All Right.



from Texas Bar Today https://ift.tt/NGUKpa4
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment