Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Legal Recruiters: This One is For You

Originally published by Cordell Parvin.

I am starting my third year with Lateral Link. I’ve learned a lot about what makes some recruiters stand out from the rest of the pack.

Several years ago, I read Jack Canfield’s book: “The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be.”

In the book he reports that psychologists tell us that 90% of our behavior is habitual. I absolutely agree based on my own experience. If that is true, what are your habits? Are they contributing to your success?

Canfield begins Principle 35 with a quote from Ken Blanchard.

There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you are committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.

That is a powerful stuff.

For years I was committed to my personal fitness. I woke up the same time every morning and went to the fitness club. Lately, I have only been interested, but not committed, in my physical fitness. I can find many excuses for not working out.
Needless to say, working out is no longer part of my daily habits and I am not feeling as well as when it was.

What commitments are you making in 2020?

  1. Are you committed to learning to become a better recruiter?
  2. Are you committed to studying what is going on in the legal profession?
  3. Are you committed to making a plan for every day and holding yourself accountable to your plan?
  4. Are you committed to spending 10% more time on recruiting each day or making 10% more contacts with clients and candidates?
  5. Are you committed to writing and/or speaking to raise your visibility?

Questions about your commitments to the team

  1.  How do your individual habits align with best practices?
  2. Do you take time every week to share legal intel with your colleagues?
  3. Do you share searches with other recruiters on a regular basis?
  4. Do you keep your commitments to your colleagues, especially in a split situation?
  5.  Do you take the time to help, other recruiters, when they ask for advice?

I have been thinking about what the most important habits recruiters should have if 90% of our behavior is habitual. Here are the habits I believe are important:

Top Recruiter Habits

  1. Healthy living
  2. Positive self-talk and attitude
  3. Focus on continuous learning and becoming a better recruiter
  4. Setting Stretch goals
  5. Planning each and every day
  6. Focus on relationships, making connections and conversions
  7. Understanding what clients and candidates want and need
  8. Keeping track of how you are doing
  9. Staying resilient when you are not achieving success
  10. Making and keeping commitments

The post Legal Recruiters: This One is For You appeared first on Cordell Parvin Blog.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today https://ift.tt/35Ajtgl
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment