Friday, May 22, 2015

Say What?! – Did They Really Say That?

Originally published by State Bar of Texas.

From David Bryant of Dallas (Hughes & Luce), this excerpt from the deposition of a defendant who had promised a former employee (the plaintiff) stock in the defendant’s company. The Defendant “was not quite clear about inter vivos trusts, even though he had created one for himself.”

Q. Do you consider yourself an alcoholic?

A. Sometimes I do; sometimes I don’t.

Q. Do you recall any particular occasion when you called [plaintiff] when you were intoxicated during business hours?

A. I’ve called him when I’ve been drinking. I can’t recall being intoxicated, no …

Q. I guess it’s pretty hard to remember that sometimes, but …

A. It really is ….

Q. Did you talk with anybody else in 2000 about the possibility of selling stock?

A. Probably my trustee, just casual talk. I can’t recall anybody else.

Q. And what trust is he a trustee of?

A. My trust, my personal.

Q. Does it have a name?

A. Intravenous, whatever you say it, Trust — these legal words. I can get my checkbook out and show you what it says, but that’s as close as I can tell.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1FI0yCp
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment