Wednesday, January 21, 2015

June 2001 – My Spell Chequer Tolled Me Sew

Originally published by .


U.S. District Judge Sam Sparks of Austin (W.D. Texas) publishes a quarterly newsletter for the Fifth Circuit District Judges Association. His last one, issued April 2001, ended with a poem he received over the Internet which, as Sam said, “is not only amusing, but [it] explains some of the errors in our opinions.”


Ode to the Spell Checker

Eye have a spelling chequer,

It came with my pea sea.

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

and weight four it two say

Weather Eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid,

It nose bee fore two long,

and Eye can put the error rite –

Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no,

Its letter perfect awl the weigh.

My spell chequer tolled me sew.


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1BFceCJ

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment