Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Book of Strange New Things (book review)

Originally published by The Movie Court.

A book review from The Movie Snob.

The Book of Strange New Things, by Michel Faber (2014).  I don’t remember where I read about this sci-fi novel, but the premise grabbed me—in the near future, a Christian preacher is selected to journey to another planet and preach the faith to the humanoid aliens who live there.  So I eventually found it at Half-Price Books, and I have to say it was a really good read.  I won’t say anymore, but if the premise sounds appealing at all, I urge you to check it out.  Incidentally, it was only after I finished the book that I realized that Faber also wrote the novel Under the Skin, on which the indelibly creepy Scarlett Johansson movie was based.  If I had realized that fact earlier, I might have been scared off from reading The Book of Strange New Things.  Glad I wasn’t!

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/2bP6cs7
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment