Friday, November 20, 2015

Charles James making the most of his second chance with Texans

Originally published by Dale Robertson.

Charles James II, the free agent cornerback/special-teamer with silly socks and a million-watt smile, is making the best of his do-over with the Texans, having contributed both on defense and cover teams in their victories over Tennessee and Cincinnati the last two weeks.

James was especially active in the huge upset of the previously undefeated Bengals on Monday night. He played 70 percent of the defensive snaps and 11 plays on special teams, where he put a crushing hit on Bengals return man Adam Jones.

Although coach Bill O’Brien on Friday defended his decision to cut the “Hard Knocks” hero at the end of the preseason, O’Brien quickly added: “Bringing him back was definitely a good decision. This is a kid that shows up every day with a great enthusiasm. When he walks into the building, he’s ready to go. Usually on Thursday or Friday I ask (the players) a bunch of questions (about the game plan). The questions he was asked he was right on them before I was even done asking.

“He loves the game. He tries to take advantage of every one of his opportunities. He plays through pain, plays when he’s banged up. It was great we were able to bring him back.”

And James, to be sure, is delighted to be here again.

“I’m having a blast, man,” he said. “It’s a good place. First off, I’m just happy to be back in Houston with these group of guys. I missed them. That’s just me being honest. It’s fun and we’re winning ball games. Everything’s better when you’re winning.”

James, for his part, has forgiven O’Brien for not believing him the first time around.

“People make mistakes and sometimes they come back and correct them,” he said. “I’ve got great respect for OB. I respect his honesty. He’s an honest guy. He’s up front. We talked about it and we crossed that bridge. I’m happy to be back and he’s happy I’m back. I didn’t burn any bridges or have any ill will when I left. Decisions get made. That’s life. The NFL is a wild business.”

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1PRpuKb
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment