Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Stories of Recovery: Diagnosis was the beginning of my story

Originally published by Guest Blogger.

This is the 14th story in the Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program “Stories of Recovery” series, featuring attorneys in their own words on how they overcame mental health or substance abuse problems. 

I was 13. My closet floor was littered with the debris of adolescence: Bonne Bell Lip Smackers, tattered copies of Sweet Valley High paperbacks, a much-highlighted edition of The Scarlet Letter and a Mrs. Grossman’s sticker box. But as I lay sobbing amidst the jelly shoes and grosgrain ribbons, all I remember was the rushing blackness.

Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.



from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1FsmjGi
via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment