Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Say What?! – Are You Married?

Originally published by .


This excerpt from an actual deposition originally appeared in the book “I Solemnly Swear” by Houston court reporter Jerry von Sternberg (Carlton Press, 1978).


Q. What was your wife’s name?


A. Her last name, you mean?


Q. Yes.


A. What is the name of that meat company on Harrisburg?


Q. That was her name?


A. I can’t think.


Q. You mean you have forgotten your wife’s name?


A. I mean her father’s name.


Q. I’m asking for her first name, Mr. Caspar, given name. Bessie, Mildred?


A. Good darn –


Q. You mean you can’t remember what your wife’s first name was?


A. I’m a son of a gun.


Mr. Jennings: Tell us what you called her.


The Witness: I just called her Sweetheart or Baby.


Curated by Texas Bar Today. Follow us on Twitter @texasbartoday.






from Texas Bar Today http://ift.tt/1uB9yRW

via Abogado Aly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment